Problem with C++ version of KinectService.WinRTClient for Win7

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Hi everybody,

I have played around with Coding4Fun Kinect Service for a while. After playing around with C# version of the code, i'm starting to play around with C++ version of KinectService.WinRTClient but I have learnt very hard way that C++ example of KinectService.WinRTClient is for Windows 8 or higher, not for Windows 7 which I'm playing with .... Case to point is
Is there anyway to modify the code so I can use the example to compile in WIndows 7 which I can use functions of IAsyncAction^ type or so without problem.
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM
No there isn't. The C++ component is written against the Windows Runtime which only exists on Windows 8 and greater.
Dec 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Thanks Peekb,

Nevertheless, I'm working on modifying the C sharp version of Kinect Service examples into CPP version of Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Samples.WpfSample [exe file], Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Listeners [DLL file], Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Common [DLL file], and Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.WpfClient [DLL files] though - not that Windows Runtime version for Windows 8 as you have already mentioned though. This is due to the fact that I want to speed up the interaction between server and client by cutting down the latency using CPP coding though.