future release?

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hi Peekb

Great to know a future release with additional features is planned! 

Im looking for ways to make the consolehost cope with unplugging/plugging a kinect,.

Is a feature like this also part of a future release? 

Could you share us a rough idea about how long we will have to wait for the release you are talking about?

Bill

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

My only answer at the moment is "when it's ready". :)

ConsoleHost and WindowsService are intended to be samples to show how the Listeners can be used.  I don't intended to expand those at the moment as I never really meant for them to be used directly, just as examples.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi Peekb,

Could you tell us if you and your team plan to add features such as Tilt, I mean, It would be great if we can modify the angle of the kinect sensor from a Windows Phone for example.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM

It's something I'd like to add, but I'm not sure if it'll be in the next release...

May 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hello,

Will it work with sdk 1.5  ?

May 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

1.5 is backward compatible with 1.0 so it should work without issue.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I tried and i got some problem, but i am french beginner, it don't help . The error msg is asking that there is conflict between same version of assemblie.

I juste add the reference ans the using statement  to the project and initialize my kinect with:

KinectSensor Kinect = KinectSensor.KinectSensors[0];

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Can you be more specific on the error? If you're running SDK 1.5 and using the source code, try grabbing the very latest version on the Source Code tab above. It directly references the 1.5 assemblies.  If you're just running the binaries, the previously released version will work just fine.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

The error message is :

Warning: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly

I create a wpf application with visual studio 2010.

add a reference to : Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Common.dll
                              Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Listeners.dll
                              Microsoft.Kinect.dll

add the statement : Using Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Common;
                             Using Coding4Fun.Kinect.KinectService.Listeners;
                             Using Microsoft.Kinect;

when i  make start without debbing i have the error message written upper

If i double clik on it it asking me if i want to make link under in the file app.config for solving the problem...

and here is the programm:

public partial class MainWindow : Window
    {

KinectSensor Kinect = KinectSensor.KinectSensors[0];
        public MainWindow()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
    }

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Interesting. I think this is happening because the current binaries are compiled against 1.0 while your app references 1.5, so a conflict exists.  I'm in a bit of a family emergency right now, but the quick fix would be to download the source code from the Source Code tab above, open the project, reset the references on the Common and Listeners project to the new 1.5 assembly, build, and then reference those new binaries in your application.  That way everything is at the same version.

When things calm down here I'll do a proper release of the service components referencing v1.5.  Hopefully this weekend if things improve here.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Proper release compiled against v1.5 is now the default download.

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hi,

In the new release you included the Tilt feature mentioned above in the discussion? I mean, may we control the kinect tilt angle in this release?

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM

It will likely NOT be in the next version, but perhaps the one after that.